- who is the protagonist
- that is the situation?what is the hero's personal condition at the beginning? how will the condition change for the better or worse, by the hero or by the antagonist force?
- what is protagonist's objective? At beginning what does the hero want?what moral (immoral) choices will he/she have to make in their attempt to gain their objective?
- who is the opponent? who or what stands in way of them achieving their goal
- what will be the disaster?What misfortune will befall the hero as the results of their attempts to achieve their objective?
- What’s the conflict? What conflict will result from the hero’s reaction to the disaster? And what is the logical flow of cause and effect that will allow this conflict to continue throughout the story?
restless farm boy (situation) Luke Skywalker ( the protagonist) wants nothing more than to leave home and become a starfighter pilot, so he can live up to his mysterious father (objective). But when his aunt and uncle are murdered (disaster) after purchasing renegade droids, Luke must free the droids’ beautiful owner and discover a way to stop (conflict) the evil Empire (opponent) and its apocalyptic Death Star.